In the end, the recipe came out light and moist on the bottom and crunchy on top. The rose quite a bit more than I expected so they took a bit of trial and error to get them out of the pan intact. They were so cute though, like little brownie mushrooms, which made them even more fun to eat. I wish they were a bit more chocolatey though. I’ll just have to make some more!
I don’t know why but I’ve been craving brownies like crazy lately. I thought I’d try something a little different and make these brownies using my mini cupcake tray. The concept was great, but didn’t turn out exactly as planned. Things went wrong at first when I found that my applesauce had gone bad. I also tried using ground flaxseed as egg replacer for the first time which worked amazingly well. I mixed all the wet ingredients in the food processor which made the whole thing fairly easy.
I also made some messy red vevlet cupcakes, which helped curb my chocolate craving. They’re all gone already! This batch proved to me how important oven temperature is. My oven is just slightly cooler than the dial, and now that I’ve taken that into account my cupcakes are coming out better than ever. Yum!